Electrolyte Up is a natural and completely sugar-free electrolyte supplement for horses. It is supposed to restore the electrolyte and fluid balance after hard work and after sweating.
Electrolyte Up contains Himalayan salt, mineral salt, beetroot powder, dandelion root, dandelion leaves and a pinch of love.
- During heavy muscle work, the horse compensates for excess heat mainly through sweating.
- With physical exertion, the horse can sweat out up to 10-15 liters per hour. When sweating, the horse loses salts and minerals, that is, electrolytes (sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium).
- A horse that sweats heavily can lose up to 100 g of salt in an hour. A low electrolyte concentration reduces the amount of blood circulating in the veins and the horse's performance is reduced.
If the horse sweats, the electrolyte loss should be replaced.
- The high-quality Himalayan salt contains a wide range of around 80 different minerals and sodium, but its mineral content is not only sufficient for the needs of a heavily sweating horse.
- Mineral salts contain some sodium, but mainly potassium and magnesium, which are also important electrolytes.
- Beetroot contains many and varied healthy minerals: potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium, copper, phosphorus, iron and zinc. Plus, it's cute and most horses are crazy about it!
- Dandelion leaves and roots are also a great way to replace lost electrolytes. They are high in potassium and magnesium to help repair the body's electrolyte balance.
If the horse is known to be sweating profusely, Electrolyte Up can be given before, during, and after sweating. Horses also lose electrolytes and fluids when they have diarrhea. In this case, too, the lost electrolytes and the fluid balance must be efficiently balanced.
Chia de Gracia Electrolyte Up 1 kg
Feeding recommendation: Horse 500kg: 2 tablespoons - 3/4 dl as required.
1 dl = 90 g